Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default G&G Desk Build Part 5

On 9/20/14, 10:44 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:25:27 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 9/20/14, 8:28 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 9/19/2014 1:50 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:

I did not mean to be offensive, just telling it like I see it.

FWIW, I side with Leon. Brian and I had the "script" discussion
before. Brian pointed out the disclaimer on his web site that
(paraphrased) he "is in no way responsible for anything", and that
was all I needed to know.

I like Brian and have always been supportive of his efforts.

That said, I have also mentioned that there are a surfeit of these
types of woodworking concept videos on the interwebz and it has been
apparent for some time now that their appeal has diminished
considerably.

It's why Norm and DJM, and their producers with the smart money, got
out while the getting was good.

It was a sign of the times when a youngster in his twenties, like the
WoodWhisperer, a nice enough guy in his own right (and I like him
personally enough to have donated to help he and his family over a
rough patch a few years ago), could suddenly have absorbed all the
woodworking wisdom of the world to instruct others, while barely out
of diapers himself.

It was a bandwagon, and one that didn't always add up, made possible
first by cable TV, then YouTube and Google+, et al.

Now Elvis has left the building...

Brilliant.
I read a great blog about how everyone is an expert now, but nobody
actually knows anything. :-)

...especially the bloggers. ;-)

Well, technically it was a blog with a link to a newspaper article.
But I think we all know by know that those guys don't know anything
either. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)