Leif Thorvaldson

Default larger burls and chunks?

George: Have you considered soaking her in LDD? *G* Could be an idea for
the Russian Olive, too. Maybe both at the same time?

Leif
"George" wrote in message
Russian olive helps keep the wind from drying the fields, though.

BTW, aspen is in that group of woods which are bullet-proof at drying.

If
you like, a cool, shaded spot will be all you need. If your spot is cool
and shaded enough, like the floor of my basement, it's all you need for
almost anything.

Short of steaming and forming in the microwave, which I've done with some
success, you can't control what the wood's going to do, any more than you
can control your spouse when she releases her stresses, though even there

sauna helps....

"william kossack" wrote in message
There are so many big russian olive trees out there that are being taken
down by open space managers around denver and they would gladly give you
the wood. I also know people that say they have groves of them and want
to get rid of them. The thorns are a really big problem and it is just
plain tough to cut. Many people that have large russian olive trees on
their land hate them.