Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Garage door spring broken in half - can a homeowner fix it himself?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:12:30 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

0ren wrote:
On 09/19/2014 06:14 AM, Shlomo Baumgard wrote:
Garage door spring broke in half. Torsion type.
On a bar across the door.
Do people usually replace them as a DIY.
Or is it something nobody does themselves?

Most people on this planet are NOT smart enough to navigate a traffic
circle properly. How smart are you?

Hmmm,
I drive around circle taking my dog to a free run park twice a day.

So is the dog in the car or running beside it? ;-)

People living in the neighborhood even don't get it driving me nuts, LOL!

My problem here is 4-way stops. If the entrances are 1, 2, 3, and
4, when 1 is entitled to go, 3 is also, even if he got to the stop later
than 2 and 4, but here 1 goes and 3 stays still, then 2 goes, but 4
doesn't) , then 3 goes (and if anyone has arrived at 1, he doesn't),
then 4 goes, but 2 doesn't. And so on. It must take 60% longer
to get through the intersection than it should.

Also, at the last stop sign before my house, I often come from the east
and turn left. If I put my turn signal on, a reflex, the car
approaching me waits until I've turned. Wastes time. I've almost
learned to leave the signal off until we pass each other in the
intersection and then turn it on and turn left right behind him.

And there's room enough for two cars side-by-side at most stop signs, if
only the cars in front of me would pull to one side or the other, but
some sit in the middle.