Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Smoked' Salmond on toast

On Friday, 19 September 2014 09:32:21 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
The big story is not yes or no, but how can the uk get this kind of turnout
for council and ntional elections without making it illegal not to vote.

I don't believe that will ever happen.

The answer of course is that people need to believe the issues are
important, and that any promises made will actually come to pass.

In this referendum people voted for something and actual idea not a personality that might do what they have said, that's the difference.

Perhaps if polititions had to adhere to their stated polices and were significantly accountable for their actions I might considering voting again.

What I don't want to do is vote for a liar who's making a good living from it. It should be a criminal offence to lie to voters, fines and/or imprisonment, perhapos even bringing back teh charge of treason and execution for serioius cases. :-)