Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drilling in concrete

On 9/18/2014 11:57 PM, Rebel1 wrote:
On 9/18/2014 11:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
That is the brand I have (bit and screws). But the question is do I
need an insert to fasten the flange to concrete?

No , the TapCon is designed to TAP it's own threads into CONcrete .
You'll
need a pretty decent screw gun or impact driver .

Thanks. That was the answer I was hoping for.

I've used tapcons once, to anchor down an
aluminum threshhold for a loading dock of a
store. I found an impact driver sure helped
to turn the screws. Borrowed a Black and
Decker one from a friend, and got myself a HF
impact driver after that. Oh, helps to wax the
threads heavily before turning them in. Tube of
lip balm from the dollar tree is much cheaper
than the $5.69 bit of bees wax from True Value.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org