Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Don Y[_2_] Don Y[_2_] is offline

Default Punching "Nylon" Wall Plates

On 9/18/2014 2:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I have some blank wall outlet cover plates, claiming to be "nylon".

Do you think I could punch a hole thru one of these with a chassis
punch, or is it likely to shatter?

I think "tear" and/or deform are more likely.

Note that you can find wall plates for damn near any sort of
connector -- even things like DB25's!

OTOH, if you want it to be "pale chartreuse" you may be
SOL.

They're cheap (nylon ones). Try it and see (if your punches
are nice and sharp/clean). Just take it slow so the punch
can *ease* through the "plastic" instead of having to force it
aside.