Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Eat mo' squirrel

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:50:49 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 9/18/2014 2:38 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Barking" squirrels is an old legend. It can be done -- with a
high-powered rifle, but not with a .22 or an air gun.

Most air gunners go for head shots on tree rats.

Sure. Those of us who hunt them with .22s like to do that, too.

I'm not going to Pennsylvania just to shoot squirrels with a rifle,
though.

I've taken two - and justify them as home-invasion defense.
Walmart .17 caliber Daisy pump-action.

AS an aside, when I first got my chronograph I couldn't wait
until I could arrange it with the range, so I went out back
and set up a back stop on the barn.

From four strokes up to eight, each stroke added 100 fps to a BB.
Yep, right at 800 FPS at eight strokes.
That was unexpected!