Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johny B Good[_2_] Johny B Good[_2_] is offline

Default D-I-Y Flood lighting

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:08:54 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

polygonum wrote
alan_m wrote

Nature has provided the sheep with fat and a wick so if you
set fire to them they can be seen by the dogs for a long time.

Surprisingly we do not often hear of spontaneous ovine combustion.
In fact, I don't remember a single case, though I am aware of burning
animals after a lightning strike, for example.

Is this a difference between ovines and humans?

Nope, there never were any spontaneous human combustions.

"Spontaneous Combustion" was a misnomer in the first case. Nobody has
ever witnessed an actual case of "Spontaneous Combustion" in progress
from beginning to end (i.e. A person happily demonstrating the
attributes of a living entity suddenly and inexplicably going on fire
before being burnt to death by this mysterious affliction).

In every case of "Spontaneous Combustion", it has always proved to be
a post mortem process. The victim was already dead before becoming,
for whatever reason, a 'human candle'.
--
J B Good