Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default DeWalt drill battery question

On 9/17/2014 2:11 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message news:fmmck- When I
have trouble with my 18V batteries, I take them to "Batteries
Plus". They refill them with the higher A/Hour cells. The refills
are less expensive than DeWalt, and seem to last longer.

Don't know about the refiles, but it seems that youcan get a new
drill, charger and 2 batteries for the same price or less than 2
batteries.

Yup , and I'm considering buyiong another one just like this one for that
very reason .

Yup, I did that last time Lowe's had them on sale for $99. However, you
get the smaller batteries. That's ok for me because they are certainly
lighter in weight. With the way I use them, I've not noticed a problem.
And the big plus for me is that I think my old charger was over
charging (in a trickle mode after the light goes out) because the
battery always remained warm while on the charger. The new charger with
the drill kit, doesn't do that.