Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
John Larkin[_3_] John Larkin[_3_] is offline

Default Do you personally use a plastic solderless breadboard?

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 06:47:34 -0500, John S
wrote:

On 9/17/2014 1:48 PM, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 09/17/2014 12:02 PM, John S wrote:
On 9/16/2014 11:17 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
Don Kuenz wrote:
Do you personally use a plastic solderless breadboard for your
prototypes?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=...ess+breadboard

If not, what do you use for your prototypes?

TIA.

--
Don Kuenz
Haven't we been thru this garbage before recently?

Yeah. But, is anyone interested in the way I do it? It's slightly
different from the rest of the posts.

I don't know. Are you good at it? All wisdom welcome!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I bought several sizes of diamond core drill bits that sand away copper
so that it leaves an isolated circular island of copper. On my (properly
adjusted) drill press, I can make lots of little islands of various
sizes on blank FR4 and use them for connection points. I use JL's
method of the Dremmel to make a VCC strip at a convenient edge and
solder bypass caps across the gap.

I've not found any problems with this method, but I'm not the SHF guru
you guys are.

I use carbide dental burrs in a Dremel, freehand, to cut away copper.

You can also put down Kapton tape and then copper tape patterns. Kinda
low impedance.

I occasionally use the old metal shear to make a collection of narrow
FR strips, as power busses and junction islands. They can be
crazy-glued onto the copperclad ground plane.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Z316_Proto.JPG

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com