Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Eat mo' squirrel

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:56:17 -0700 (PDT), Gerry
wrote:

I have trapped hundreds of squirrels using a Hav-a-hart squirrel trap. Traps probably 8X8X24 and has two doors, although I lock the back one closed.

I only have one, and it's one of the big ones intended for raccoons.
However, it works fine for squirrels, too.

This summer: One raccoon, two 'possums, two squirrels, and one cat.

Peanut butter on toast worked the best for me. Dump the trap in a garbage can of water, occupant included, then clean for supper.

Aw, I couldn't do that. But I'd shoot 'em or club 'em.

They're tougher to skin than a rabbit, but I can dress one out and
have him quartered in about three or four minutes.

--
Ed Huntress