Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Trip lever bathtub drain screws are corroded and stuck

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 03:32:05 -0400, micky
wrote:

I'd try what Oren says, including the tapping,

The description of the tool he lists sounds pretty good and gets a lot
of high ratings, plus quite a few low ones. But I've never used it,
have no experience with it.

BTW, I don't reject the idea that those who gave it a negative rating
didn't read the instruction or had some other stupid reason to dislike
it.

I bought a couple weeks ago a Big Red mini-floor jack, which got lots of
negative ratings, many complaining that it didn't go up high enough or
it took too many strokes to make it go up? What do you expect, fools?
It's a mini-jack with a short handle and a short stroke, and if you want
it to go up faster, you'll have to push harder than with other jacks.

OTOH, it does make this big noise going up at some point, and no one
complained about that. Still I like it.

This is the one with that's red with the yellow plastic handle. I don't
know if it last many years, but so far so good.