Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Harbor Freight

Nick wrote:
wrote in message
This must surely have been mentioned here before but, since it's always
good for a laugh and some folks won't have seen it, here it is again.

Harbor Freight, for those who don't know, is a US company that's a cross
between Screwfix and a pound shop.

This was Mad magazine's take on HF's Innovations-style flyers.

http://www.kmstools.com/assets/pages...competitor.jpg

HF isn't that bad a place. I've bought a few bits of Unobtainium from them
over the years.

Yes, I bought a 24" scissor jack from them quite recently, like hens
teeth in the UK and the Li celled torch was very good value. I recently
looked at their 12" Mitre saws, but they seem to be direct drive and
don't have the depth of cut that belt drive gives. Always good for a
look round when we're abroad, but heavy items are a no no to ship to the
US, let alone the UK. Very helpful staff.