Reyd Dorakeen

Default Chucks

what is coring? is it running a gouge straight down the middle?
how deep would you use it for?

On the other hand, the Talon is the superior chuck for the total
capabilities of a minilathe. It is twice as expensive, but from one
perspective it is twice the chuck. It definitely is a nice chuck and the
one used for all larger work on my Jet Mini. Despite it's excellent all
around capabilities (except for coring and deep hollowforms) for lathes
from 10 inch to 16 inch swing, it is still pretty chunky for miniature
work, even when fitted with it's excellent #1 pin jaws. So, I remain
very pleased to have my Compac for the little stuff, and hope to see its
return.