Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Serial numbers ?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:20:24 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/ge...4xiemwh_so.jpg
Note that what appears to be a bar code & serial number is the same on both boxes.

I wonder if all the speakers of the same model have the same serial
number? I once bought a pile of counterfeit ethernet cards, all with
the same MAC address. The speakers in the photo look real, but if

I worked at an cable company that handed out hundreds of routers for cable
modems that all had the same MAC address (problem at the factory). The
amazing part was it sort of worked for weeks or months until somebody
realized there was a problem and then traced it down.