Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Eat mo' squirrel

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:50:22 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:56:35 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

I had an agricultural tragedy this past weekend. I have a little Red
Haven Semi-dwarf peach tree that I've been nursing along for a few
years, and it just produced its first modest peach crop: 26 beautiful
and delicious little peaches.

I was getting ready to check them for ripeness on Saturday when I saw
that my 26 peaches had been reduced to 2. There were four or five fat
squirrels running around my yard with peaches in their mouths.

Count your blessings, at least you don't have deer troulbe

I have A LOT of venison recipies

Karl

Yes, this state has a deer population about as dense as our people
population, but they rarely get into my fenced back yard. A neighbor
down the street, though, watches them take down the apples from his
little tree every year.

My old boss at Wasino in NJ (now Amada Machine Tools, in the Chicago
'burbs) had $23,000 worth of landscaping done to his yard, and the
deer ate all of it within two months. g

--
Ed Huntress