Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Shaving cream, old and new

On 9/16/2014 1:02 AM, dpb wrote:

The expense factor is night 'n day...one can find good, used safety
razors if don't still have one for $10 and under including shipping
and Barbasol from the Dollar General is quite frequently on sale at
half of their discount so often it's only 50-cents for the regular
can...

Make sure to get a quality razor. I lucked out on my Merkur, it's the
neat little traveling model, breaks down and stores in a box about 1.5"
square. Cost me $5. Previously used an adjustable Gillette. Prior to
that, went through two new ones from Amazon, both made in China, both
cut the hell out of me. Almost gave up on safety razors. One day looked
down the edge of the blade, and it looked like corrugated tin (well, not
quite, but the cutting edges were NOT straight).

Given the savings, a new Merkur at $50-60 will still pay off quickly.

Jon