Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Serial numbers ?

Thank you for the opportunity to rant. Big time.

These mother****rs, two of my better jobs, probably because I was the only one with ****ing bran, just did not get the ****ing hint. and that is why I owuld never work commission for them. Oh ****y baby, on comjish I ****ing railedem. Over $30 an hour in the 1980s.

But I told them and told them and told them, put at least the last four digits of the serial number on the ticket, reciept, invoice. Whatever the **** you chose to call it. Write down four ****ing numbers to protect yourself from fraud. If m and my buddy have identical pieces of equipment and I bring mine in adn you fix it, if you don't write down the serial nuber I cna bring his in and you have to fix it for free.

Unprove that. You are talking about a dispute that hurts your business. I say prevent it.

Whatever.

It's amazing some p[eople even remeber to breathe.