Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default any better rubber casters?

On 09/15/2014 07:57 PM, ChairMan wrote:
In ,
Todd belched:
On 09/14/2014 12:35 AM, Todd wrote:

Over on Amazon, my wife found a review of a ball caster
that messed up the reviewer's hardwood floor. Left lines
(slight indents) about 1/4 wide in the floor.

I can't find there reference to help illustrate.

Is this a problem, or did the lady have a really soft hardwood?

Many thanks,
-T

I'd say the floor, but it depends on the caster.
With the round ball type there are two densities. What brand are the ones on
Amazon?
If they are chinese that could be the difference
Look here
http://www.shepherdcasters.com/products_baron.html
As you can see when you click the wheel tab there are 2 types the Spherical
Soft Rubber (1-5/8" models) and the Spherical Polyolefin (2" models).
I've never had issues on wood or tile floors with either
There is also this type( which is a true "ball"caster) has a rubber or
urethane tread, which would work on wood, too.
http://www.shepherdcasters.com/produ...ll.html#wheels
If you stick with sheppard, you should be okay. I still think the issue was
here floors, probably chinese engineered crap and/or the casters are cheap
HARD rubber, which I have seen and willl mark your floor

Now I know why you are called Chair Man

How about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Shepherd-Caste...owViewpoints=1