Default larger burls and chunks?

william kossack wrote:
I have some
chunks of hackberry waiting for spring and I've also got some russian
olive and aspen.
My wife gave me a little electric chainsaw for christmas (used to cut
up the hackberry into usable blocks)
A friend in Texas has seen some of my smaller bowls and would like one
out of mesquite. A family member wants one out of buckeye and another
also wants a bowl from a wood not available locally in colorado.
I did give one bowl to a brotherinlaw this christmas returning an
Alder blank he gave me last year. I made a box from purple heart to
hold the bowl, lined the box and filled it all with candy. If only
others that are making requests could supply me with wood then my
problems would be over.

The electric chainsaw probably won't last very long, but use it while
you can. Taht's a nice selection of local woods, perhaps the model to
use is when someone asks for a wood you don't have, tell them to send
you some and you've send it =back in a different shape. A person in
Texas shouldn't have any problem coming up with mesquite. Someone in
Ohio should be able to come up with Buckeye, etc. If you take requests
it'll lead to people not getting what they had in mind, and a lot of
cost. Something to think about.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work