Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Repairing a screen door

I'm at my parents' house this week, clearing fences, doing repairs and
stuff. The last thing on my list is fixing the torn screen door.

The old screen is aluminum (probably purchased a long time ago), and
appears to be installed with 0.160" spline. I am going to be using
fiberglass screening because it is more tear resistant.

Will I need .160 spline, or .175 since the fiberglass material is
thinner? Or does it even matter?

How tight do I stretch the screen before I spline it? (I assume I just
lay it flat with no wrinkles, and no tension until I do the 3rd and 4th
sides)

Thanks,
Bob