Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1977 22' Catalina Capri Sailboat - $1500 (Marina Del Rey)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 19:44:40 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 9/15/2014 5:22 PM, jon_banquer wrote:

**** you and **** your sailboat/floating meth lab ads, Wieber.

Laugh! That would be one tiny meth lab, jon!

Humm...I wonder if I could build a meth lab in the 24
footer....nah..Id have hundreds of the locals trying to walk on water
coming out to beg for a taste..er...snort...er...shot...er..whatever
they normally do. Jonboi shoves it up his ass so he would probably
flush it out if he swam out...given the size of the asshole. Err..the
assholes asshole.

Btw..I just swapped for boat #7..a 1982 Windrose 18 on a rather nice
trailer. Needs a port and a polish. Inside looks really nice and even
comes with a spinnaker. 1500 lbs so Ill be able to pull it just about
anywhere and they are supposed to be very fast.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Windrose18

You have seen the photos of the other boats..right?

This one is coming right along. I can sail it anytime now but the wood
work isnt complete in the cabin and it needs the upholsery redone.
But..shrug..that can be done over the winter months between sailing
trips. Better sailing here in the winter..summer too hot and still.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...2602/Venture24

This one is finished and Ive sailed it a number of times this summer

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/Ensenada20

This one is a kick in the ass for the grand kids..as its its newer
clone, They are fun as hell when the wind picks up!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/FJ1

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...66802602/FJ202

This one just went on Craigslist for $850. Ready to sail, on a good
but Ugly trailer..needs a wire wheel and a paint job, but good tires
now and is solid. More solid than that boat needs actually. The
sailboat itself is nice and solid with good running and standing
rigging and was fun to restore.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Oday

This one is free to anyone who wants it. Just needs a mast and the
port (window) put back in and a good! hull cleaning. Has everything
else, sails, rudder etc etc and looks pretty good inside. Mast will
set you back about $200 or less.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02/Ensenada202

I will need an outboard for the Windrose 18 though. I will be using
the 5hp off the Ensenada 20 for a while until I stumble over another
3-5 hp engine..preferably a 4 stroke or a decent trolling motor.

Speaking of which..if anyone needs a trolling motor for their bass
boat..Ive got a decent one .... Airguide...40 flbs with pedal
right/left/speed control. Snagged it off Craigslist for just a few
dollars and am looking to trade it for a standard tiller type trolling
motor for the Windrose 18.

40-50 flb would be great!!

Say Richard..hows that Capri search coming along?

I havent seen you sign up yet for the two sailboat groups I moderate

Lots of good inexpensive boats in your neck of the woods this
week...shrug. Even one or two free ones, though they will start
showing up enmass in a month or so as sailing season declines and
slip fees go up.

Feel free to join..they are free and participation is not required.
Maybe you will find something that will get you by until that Golden
Capri shows up.

Someone asked me how much I had tied up in sailboats..and I wondered
myself..so I sat down a couple weeks ago and figured it out. Cost of
every boat, including fuel, parts, pieces, paint, resin etc etc...7
boats have cost me, including the stuff I traded for them....is
$817.24 And most of that was for the E20 I bought 21 yrs ago for
$500.

So Ive spent $317.24 for everything else including all the fuel, parts
etc as I stated above. And that includes the $99 on ebay for (3)
great! sails for the Venture 24.
Beautiful genny, great main..**** poor jib, but I already have 2
others for it..shrug

So..hows that Capri coming along?
Whenever I see one..I post it here for you. Dont thank me..the least
I could do for you. I know you really really want one. Might find
another sailboat to get you by though..so you dont loose the dream.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke