Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eat mo' squirrel

suppressed air guns ???

Yep. Lots of the higher power ones are made that way. The hammer is louder
on my 900FPS NP (with lead / over 1200FPS with alloy) than the noise out of
the barrel, and the sound of a pellet hitting a gopher is louder than that.
My neighbors don't even know when I am target practicing with it unless they
see me.

Even some of the bigger bore PCPs are suppressed.

Most call it a shroud, but if it's a chamber with vents from the muzzle it
suppresses. Some are better than others. Lots of Xisico owners modify one
off an RWS because it works better.