Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default LinuxCNC config help...

Iggy? John? Anyone want to help a bit with my configuration for a lathe?
I'm using the Mesa 5i25 / 7i76 combination and have much of it working,
but some various things to sort out. So much of the docs I find are
hopelessly incomplete, poorly written, not updated in 2-3 years, etc.
This should / would be relatively easy if the docs weren't so bad. I'm
running the latest 2.6.3 package installed from a USB drive onto a SSD
disk in a reasonably fast PC.

Thanks,

Pete C.

PS: Once the lathe is sorted the next project will be to retrofit the
mill with a 5i25 / 7i77 combo and add 4th axis. I acquired a
super-spacer that will make a decent 4th if I can find a good servo
motor and encoder for it.