Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default D-I-Y Flood lighting

In message , John Williamson
writes
On 15/09/2014 17:01, bert wrote:
Any one any suggestions as to how or where we might obtain a few used
telegraph poles for the above project? United Utilities have not been
helpful

Has anyone mentioned that the only reason wooden line poles are
normally replaced is because they are going rotten and aren't expected
to last through the next Winter? Concrete and steel ones aren't so bad,
but may not last much longer.

Or are time expired, which amounts to the same thing.

Old street lamps sound like a much better idea, especially if wiring
along the length is involved, as the only way to wire a telephone pole
from ground to top is to add either a channel or use wire clips at
short intervals.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Will talk to the chap who
wants to set them up tomorrow. They're to illuminate a sheep dog
training ring so we can carry on training through the winter evenings.
--
bert