Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Shaving cream, old and new

On 09/15/2014 1:03 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I buy a pack of 5-10 double or triple bladed disposable razors from
the 99 cent store for a buck. I get about 2 weeks use out of most of
those individual razors, then I toss it in the can and get another one
out of the package.

I don't like the chintzy handles/lack of heft and none of the
disposables I've tried have lasted more than a couple or three
uses...then again, as noted above, the beard isn't nearly as tough as it
once't wuz, either, so maybe it would be different now.

But, if I'm going to shave, I'm going to like to handle the implement
and the disposals just aren't something I like to use. Double-edge
Wilkinsons are only about 25-30 cents each and they will last at least a
week to ten days, anyway. There's a no-name at the Dollar General
that's half that and they're not up to Wilkinson in initial sharpness,
but they stay usable for a week but neither is much of an
outlay--nothing like even the old 2-blade Schick cartridge that went of
of production and order of magnitude difference from most of what is
common now...