Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shaving cream, old and new

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:04:48 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 09/14/2014 6:57 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:
I had been shaving using a Schick "Quattro" razor (suggested by Iggy)
with Gillette "Edge" shaving cream.

The steel content is all those razor blades.

Schick quit making refill cartridges for the variety (forget the
advertising name for it) some time ago and the ridiculously expensive
and bulky alternatives now available were totally unpalatable to me so
I've reverted to the single blade double-edge safety razor of yore (not
_quite_ back to the straight razor started with ). With it and a
Wilkinson blade (metal) with either Barbasol or Noxema aerosol foam it's
as good as the multi-edge as far as I can tell (or at least care about)...

???

I buy a pack of 5-10 double or triple bladed disposable razors from
the 99 cent store for a buck. I get about 2 weeks use out of most of
those individual razors, then I toss it in the can and get another one
out of the package.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke