Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Trip lever bathtub drain screws are corroded and stuck

On 09/15/2014 09:23 AM, nestork wrote:

No, I wouldn't try to drill out those screw heads.

Those screws are SUPPOSED to be brass or stainless steel, and if they're
badly corroded someone has replaced them with ordinary steel screws,
which is why they're stuck.

snip

Yes. Because they are rusted I assumed they are soft steel and it will
be child's play to drill them out.

I suppose with acid , penetrating oil or heating them with a torch they
/might/ come out with a vice grip but more than likely they'll just
break off... necessitating a drill-out anyway.