Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Way to mix concrete without a cement mixer

Wow - Those Harbor freight ones are more robust than the 40 year old
sears one I got third hand Dad to little brother to oldest brother - aka
me. I saved it from rusting to death and checked the motor and such.
Now for it to really work. Projects planned. I painted it
with Steel grade paint. Might last.

Martin

On 9/14/2014 10:58 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 07:12:21 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I have some projects at home for which I am wanting to make my own concrete with Portland cement, gravel, sand, and of course water. I need a fair amount of concrete but not all at one time. I don't have a cement mixer and it would be a pain to rent one every time because I cant do all these projects in one day or even a weekend. I am wanting to pur a footer along my driveway to make a brick boarder, and I also have some concrete edging I want to make.

Is there anything without too much trouble I could fab together that would be relatively in expensive?

I wondered if a 55 gallon drum and a tractor post hole digger for a mixer would work?

Any help is appreciated!

Sure...Ill give you the best help you are going to get.

http://www.harborfreight.com/http-ww...7536-html.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/1-1-4-q...xer-91907.html

When you are done..sell em on Craigslist for $125-150

Its far far cheaper and easier than anything you are going to brew up.

Or go right to the source....

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Enter your zip code, "cement mixer": and how far you are willing to
drive.

(examples only )

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/tls/4666657237.html

Cement mixer - $100 (SB Mesa)
image 1
image 1image 2
Looks ugly but runs great. We just used it to mix 80 bags of mortar
with no trouble. The blue tape is just to keep it from rattling. You
can see the patio in the background we used it for. You will need a
truck to get it home.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb...662580798.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/grd/4666318613.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/4662456829.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/tls/4666325631.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/for/4665507208.html

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/tls/4664010686.html

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/4666901395.html

etc etc etc....

Or...gasp...you could...could...RENT one!!

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke