Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Grant[_5_] Grant[_5_] is offline

Default Vertical line on LG Flatron L1715S 17" LCD

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:24:38 +0200, M.Joshi wrote:

I dismantled an LG Flatron L1715S 17" LCD today to clean the screen and
backlight.

Now when I power it on, there is a fine vertical line from top to bottom
on the screen? The colour of the line varies when the screen is on.

I have checked all the cables are firmly in on the interface boards.
Wiggling the connectors to the screen doesn't make any difference.

You've bumped one of the connections from LCD driver to LCD panel
(the part that has long, narrow chips mounted on flexible PCB), killing
one line drive? I doubt it is repairable.

Grant.