Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default BBC post Scottish Independence

On 14/09/2014 20:14, polygonum wrote:
On 14/09/2014 19:57, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , news
writes
On 14/09/2014 19:11, Lawrence wrote:
Does anyone know what will happen to the BBC if the Scotts leave UK?
Will they have to pay us for BBC Scotland? Will we get a licence
rebate?

Nobody ****Knows**** anything about what will happen to anything if
the Scotts leave the UK.

Its all currently bluster and lies from politicians - working out the
details doesn't even start until after the vote.

(How anyone can come to an informed descision in the circumstances is
completely beyond me, but luckily I don't have to vote)

Even if the vote is yes, Scotland won't become independent until 2016 -
which is at least one renewal away. It's my guess that any new SBC will
be allocated their fair share of the cash already collected, and
thereafter they'll have to organise their own system of finance.

Seems like they (i.e. Scotland) have already had their fair share...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...e-impartiality

Perhaps those left in the rest of the UK will get a reduction? (Fat
chance, I know. :-) )

If they don't come to some agreement to keep the BBC, would it be the
end of Freesat. Why should the Scots watch BBC TV paid for by the
English and Welsh for free?

--
Michael Chare