Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Plumbing Problem Again

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/13/2014 6:24 PM, David L. Martel wrote:
Dottie,

Nestork's advice is good. Also, often the excess chain can get sucked
between the flapper and it's seat. Be sure that the excess chain can not
do this.

Dave M.

I've had this happen. Had to cut off the excess
chain with wire cutters. And shorten the chain
between the "arm" and the flapper.

Hi,
Cut the chain? I say it is adustable by moving it up/down links and
rehook on the arm.
All this chaos originates from OP not understanding the basic operation
of it. Fill valve, and flapper, what else are there? To me it is feel
valve problem, not shutting off water tight.