Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default wet concrete garage floor problem

On 9/14/2014 10:45 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 06:14:26 -0700, wrote:

...snip...
Not sure why, but much of the time the concrete is damp and some of the
time there is standing water, mostly on the north side.

...snip....

please tell me you don't have cast iron water piping. circa '51, it's
time for it to start failing, and leaking, and supplying water in all
kinds of surprising places.

I had a leak in the downstairs bathroom. Water on the floor, but no
idea where it was coming from. Never saw a drip anywhere for weeks.
Finally, I found a leak in a flex section of the baseboard heat where it
had to make a little zig-zag.

Replaced it, then about 6 years later it leaked the same way. Replaced
it with PEX. That has been OK for years now.