Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cheapdave@home.com is offline

Default wet concrete garage floor problem

I live in a house built in 1951 and concrete drive and garage floor are not
in great condition and should be replaced. May be a couple of years before I
get that done however. For now I would like to do a fix on the concrete in
the garage.

Not sure why, but much of the time the concrete is damp and some of the
time there is standing water, mostly on the north side. The garage is
attached to the house, but is couple feet lower. The garage concrete sits
well above grade and no problems with gutters, and no leaks in roof. I
guess the water just wicks up?

Is there some product I could use to seal this old concrete and stop this
problem?

The floor was also painted at some point, but 90% of the paint is gone on
the north side, which is where the problem is. There are however small
patches of paint here and there.

Looking for a fix that can last a couple of years at least.