Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Plumbing Problem Again

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:24:51 -0400, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

Dottie,

Nestork's advice is good. Also, often the excess chain can get sucked
between the flapper and it's seat. Be sure that the excess chain can not do
this.

Isn't the only way to do that is to not have too much excess.

That is, it' can't be too short, or too long. Trial and error.

Dave M.

But based on the two threads, I'll bet it's not the length of the chain
at all. BEcause iiuc, first it worked fine for a long time, then she
had the problem, without changing the lengthy of the chain. Then the
n'bor changed something - do we know yet that it was the flapper?

If it was the flapper he changed,, how did he manage to leave the toilet
with the same symptoms.? Bad replacement flapper? or one that doesn't
quite fit yet?

If it wasn't the flapper he changed, then the flapper itself might just
be leaking because of old age.

Dottie, I hope you didn't stop reading t he first t hread when you
started this one. Especially my two posts, especially the one about a
new flapper maybe not fitting even if is the right one, and how I had to
use a stick, or more likely the toilet bowl brush to force the flapper
into its hole, and after a couple months it fit all by itself.