Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default GE Washer Model WHRE5550K1WW

"David L. Martel" wrote in message ...
Bob,

If there's water and the machine isn't leaking, then something else is.
How are the water valves? How are the hoses? How are the seating gaskets at
the hose ends?

Dave M.

Found some gunk clogging up the holes in the tubs. Impossible to get down between the ss and pp tubs and clean it right, but got most of it out with a skinny handle brush. Whatever that was it stank to high heaven. A few more washings with vinegar and the smell is all gone.

This turned out to be a good thing - all the checking and I noticed that the drain pipe is starting to back up. Not quite enough to spilll over. Will get the rooter dude out here next week. Drain is 1-1/2 inch which I believe is smaller than the newer houses have. Pump is rated at 14 GPM, which is a hell of high flow in my opinion. Maybe I'll check around and see if I can find a smiliar pump for 10GPM. There's no reason I can think of to have that high a drain flowrate. All it's doing is draining the tub.....

GE design engineers suck.