Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default What we need is a better solution to the CARB/EPA gasoline can bung hole threaded neck problem

writes:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 01:07:47 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

gfretwell wrote, on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 23:20:55 -0400:

The thought of trying to move or carry a 50 gallon drum is not that
attractive to me either. How do you get it in and out of your truck?

I wasn't clear.
The drum is bought new, and transported empty.
Once in place on the concrete pan, it is filled from a delivery truck.

The problem, of course, is getting a truck to delivery 50 gallons of
gas which is a puny amount for them.

The other option, of course, is to just empty the ten 5-gallon
portable gas cans into the 50-gallon drums, so that the wife can
fill the car from the electric pump on the 50-gallon drums.

That would be slightly easier than me siphoning the gas, which is
what I do now (which is pretty easy so the electric pump isn't all
that much an improvement on the process).

Why is the gas station such a problem for her?

Well, she's driving something with a 50 gallon gas tank.

--
Dan Espen