Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Kodak ESP 3250 copier

On 13/09/2014 02:04, Jeroni Paul wrote:
N_Cook wrote:
Only used as a stand alone copier, put away for 6 months now does not

get past POST. Displays error "Printhead carriage jam...."

Some sort of mechanical carriage latch is not de-latching,firmly holding

carrier in place, how to delatch or whatever , without taking the

machine apart. Carriage is jammed at park position.

Sounds like the grease has hardened and jams some locking mechanism. Sometimes trying carefully to move the carriage both sides it may unstuck after a while. If you could see the latch or some moving part in that zone a drop of oil might help. Also some printers use a latch that is detached by a small movement to the opposite direction.

If only someone had taken a pic of that area, under or behind the
carriage, I could perhaps fashion a joggled probe and fiddle. I can lift
the top cover enough to see the leftmost edge of the carrier and nothing
hooklike there.
I was wondering if it was some latch that was under Software control ,
unlatched in POST but they don't use batteries these days , that could
run down in 6 months