Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default A/C problem

On Friday, September 12, 2014 6:08:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I only pull the immediate heat to cool trick when starting up the AC for the first time, I'm fully aware of the need to delay to allow the system pressure to equalize.

I guess the confusing part is that every thermostat I've owned, the only
time there was a delay in turning on the compressor is if the compressor
had shut off within the last 5 or 10 mins. Then it delays to give the
system pressure time to equalize. Otherwise, whether you go from off, or
heat or just lower the thermostat, the compressor starts up right away.