Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

On 09/12/2014 03:06 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:49:14 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Having the gift of the Holy
Ghost (through ordinance) I enjoy personal revelation
often enough.

I'm confused. You say only the LDS teaches the Holy Ghost.

Christians, some believe in the Trinity. Father, Son and Holy Sprit.
Southern Baptists for example.

Do you just call the Holy Ghost something differnt than the Holy
Spirt? Or are you saying only LDS are smarter?

Hi Oren,

All Christians believe in the Trinity. Mormons (polytheists)
are a completely different religion from Christianity (monotheists).
Mormons reuse Christian names, which makes for a lot of confusion.
Mormons can be very nice people, like Stormin', for instance.

http://carm.org/comparison-between-c...ormon-doctrine

Christian:
"The Trinity is the doctrine that there is only one God in
all the universe, and that He exists in three eternal,
simultaneous persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit."

Mormon:
"The trinity is three separate Gods: The Father, the Son,
and the Holy Ghost. "That these three are separate
individuals, physically distinct from each other, is
demonstrated by the accepted records of divine dealings
with man,"
--Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 35).

Mormonism distinguishes between the Holy Spirit (God's
presence via an essence) and the Holy Ghost (the third
god in the Mormon doctrine of the trinity). He [the
Holy Ghost] is a being endowed with the attributes
and powers of Deity, and not a mere force, or essence
--Articles of Faith, by James Talmage, p. 144).

In Christianity (monotheism), the Trinity in a the same one
and only god. In Mormonism (polytheism), they are they
distinct individuals. Mormons have lots of gods and believe
they can become one themselves. The Trinity is just a particular
bunch of three gods.

In Orthodox Christianity (my religion), we teach that
the Trinity is how the one and only God chooses to
present himself to us:

God who created me and loves me (Father)

God beside me who loves and teaches me (Jesus/son)

God inside me who loves and guides me (Holy Spirit/Ghost)

Hope that clears it up.

-T