Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Cutting Pavers

On Friday, September 12, 2014 1:34:33 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
'Dave C[_3_ Wrote:

;3282873']I would like to cut a ~6 inch (diameter) hole, in a 28 inch

wide paver

stone. The paver is 1 1/2 inch thick. I have a Tile Saw. What blade do

I need?

I don't think you'd want to use a tile saw to do that cut.

I think a far more practical way would be to mark the hole location on

the paver, and then use a masonary bit to drill small holes through the

paver along the periphery of the hole location. Keep drilling between

holes until you have your holes about 1/2 inch or less apart. Now take

a hammer and start bashing away at the material you want to remove. The

paver should break between the holes you drilled, leaving you with a

hole of the shape desired.

Obviously, the closer spaced the holes you drill are, the higher the

liklihood that the material inside those holes will break free of the

paver without the paver breaking.

--

nestork

paver is likely reinforced with wire mesh or even rebar........

might be easier to pour a paver with the hole already in it