Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

On 09/12/2014 11:26 AM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 21:11:42 -0700, Todd wrote:

Lessons learned:

That part number on the part trumps the parts diagram

Parts diagrams are only an aid. They are not exact.

Always take the part with you

Measure the voltage to the relay

Measure the resistance across the pins on the compressor

Look at total cost of ownership, not just the original price
of an appliance. (New refrigerators are now 5 to 7
year units. Better to repair an old, good unit.)

Changing compressors (soldering/welding, purging, recharging)
is over my head. But nothing else is!

Listen to your wife. She will know every noise that goes
bump in the night. Women are more observant than guys
anyway.

Always go fishing (hey, it clears your head)

I really appreciate all the help and encouragement everyone
gave me. Special thanks to Stormin', who kicked it when
finally provided with the proper information.

Man that refrigerator is working nice now! And now that
I have fixed it, I have a certain pride in it too.

Good job, Todd!

I've seen the "relay" called a start device, the capacitor called a
"run capacitor". It's like learning Japanese arithmetic

Thank you for all the help and encouragement.