Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Way to mix concrete without a cement mixer

On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:12:21 AM UTC-5, stryped wrote:
I have some projects at home for which I am wanting to make my own concrete with Portland cement, gravel, sand, and of course water. I need a fair amount of concrete but not all at one time. I don't have a cement mixer and it would be a pain to rent one every time because I cant do all these projects in one day or even a weekend. I am wanting to pur a footer along my driveway to make a brick boarder, and I also have some concrete edging I want to make.

Is there anything without too much trouble I could fab together that would be relatively in expensive?

I wondered if a 55 gallon drum and a tractor post hole digger for a mixer would work?

Any help is appreciated!

Is it possible to mix say 1/4 a yard of concrete that way at a time? Maybe using a 4x8 plywood sheet and 2x6's for the sides making a box to mix everything?