Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Compressed air and cleaning fans

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 06:11:07 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
The bearing/bushing burnout theory is also interesting. This
particular fan, Mechatronics Model F8025H12B2 12v 0.145A claims to
have ball bearings inside. I'm not going to take it apart because I
know that it doesn't have ball bearings. It uses bushings like all
such cheap PS fans.

Peal of the paper label and take a look sometime.
Brushless DC fans mostly use ball bearings.
... Phil

I took apart the fan and much to my amazement, found two ball
bearings.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/megatronics-fan/
I just hate it when I'm wrong. I have some more junk fans somewhere.
I'll see what I can find. In the past, they were mostly bushings, but
I guess that's changing, especially since this fan was fairly new.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D