Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default another Comcvast vent

On 9/11/2014 2:55 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
Last evening, one of my neighbor's pine trees shed a large branch which
ripped the Comcast cable off the wall of our house. Still works, but
it's laying on the ground.

So this morning I called Comcast. First I got a voice analyzer that
asked me to state the problem. I responded with "cable down" - got "do
not understand" - tried "cable on ground" - same response. After several
iterations I hit zero and got another recording. This one told me how to
reset my cable modem. I waited patiently through that one, thinking I'd
get to a human afterwards - no such luck - a recording that told me how
to reset my converter box.

By this point I had steam coming out of my ears so I pressed zero and
held it down for several seconds. After another "this call may be
monitored" response I finally got to a human being - in India of course.

It took a couple of tries but she finally understood what the problem
was. Then I was put on hold for 2 minutes while she contacted the local
office to find out when they could come out. Tomorrow at 9:20 AM she
said they'll call - not come out, just call - we'll see.

If I were to walk into a Comcast board meeting with an AK47 and spray the
room, there wouldn't be a jury in the land that would convict me :-).

Just in case the NSA is listening, I'm kidding. I wonder if they trigger
on words like "AK47"?

P.S. I did take the "customer satisfaction" survey. You can imagine my
comments.

Service from ATT is no better. A couple of years ago I was trying to
get a new connection made in a new house 700 miles from our current
home. For various reason I could not be at the closing and had to
initiate the Security service which require a telephone service at the
closing for the new house. I was on hold for two days a total of 12
hours before I final got through to a person. All of the time I was on
hold I heard their recorded message about the award winning customer
service.

I suspect the award was for the worst customer service in the business.
They never sent me a questionnaire, so I did not get to tell them what
I thought of their service.