nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

...It is not a DOT approved container ... and probably not red.

I had a guy screw with me once about putting gas in a diesel can and
that is the same can, just yellow.
Is there some Department of Transportation regulation that requires gas cans to be red and the corresponding cans for diesel fuel to be yellow?

It does occur to me that every Wedco plastic gas container I've ever seen has been red in colour, but it never crossed my mind that it was SUPPOSED to be red.

And, is there any reason for this? Why would making the gas containers red in colour provide for better safety in any way? Also, it seems to me that military vehicles would NOT want their gas containers to be red because it would nullify all of their efforts in camoflaging their vehicles to make them less conspicuous.

Last edited by nestork : September 11th 14 at 05:20 PM