Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Way to mix concrete without a cement mixer

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:14:48 -0500, dpb wrote:

I'd suggest if can't find a loaner from a friend/neighbor/acquaintance
to just buy one of the cheapies from HF or the like and plan on
reselling it when you're done (if you don't find it useful enough to
just keep)

Second this! Borrow, buy used or buy cheap. I bought a used one nearly
30 years ago that still runs fine as of last year. Wheelbarrow and a hoe
are too much work!

Unless you have a young and strong helper, pay the few extra cents for
60 LB bags. Much easer to lift and pore in the mixer than 80 LB. Home
Depots near me keep 60 LB inside and the 80 out front. Explained that
too many people would buy the 60 then load the 'wrong' one
intentionally.
--
William