Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default kill them all! - the new gas can?

On 9/10/14, 9:02 PM, bob haller wrote:
I love those compliant gas cans that say not for motor vehicle use......

I mean isnt that what a gas can is for......

I suppose they mean not to keep it in your trunk. When I fetch gas in
the car, I like to keep it up front, where I can see or smell any problem.

I once had a 2.5 gallon can marked USMC. If I had to keep gas in the
trunk, I'd use one like that. I see NATO cans are available in 5, 10,
and 20 liters. Several states say they aren't legal for storing gas. I
wonder why not.