Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default What's a good top-loading washer?

nestork wrote in
:

20 years ago, I had to decide who's washing machines to buy because I
needed three pair of coin operated washers and dryers.

Just about everyone I talked to said that Maytag top loading washers
were the easiest to fix. When I looked at one, I was amazed at how
much room there was under the tub...everything was easily accessible.

At the time, I also saw Speed Queen, which is the Canadian version of
Amana, and it had plenty of space and good accessibility too, but no
one I talked to really knew much about them.

I ended up buying Maytag, and their machines have stood up well for
me. I don't know if Red Green had a top loading washer or not, but if
so, I expect his experience with Maytag wasn't typical. I don't know
if Maytag still makes their top loading washers anymore.

I know nothing about front loading washers.

I know a couple of things - Don't buy one & you're gonna have problems
if you do buy one.

Why not just phone up the places listed under Appliance, Major -
Repair in your yellow pages, and find out which top loading washer the
repairmen think is be best built and easiest to fix?