Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default kill them all! - the new gas can?

On 9/10/14, 2:10 PM, wrote:
I don't know if this design of this gas can is the result of the Florida law suit or not, but the gas can I just purchased was committee designed.

It has no vent - it takes forever to dispense (gurgle gurgle gurgle)
You are required to push the nozzle down to open. Because
of the mechanics you can't drain it (5 gallon model... about 1 gal left). The seal is a cheap rubber gasket with a grove that rolls over and self destructs if you twist the nozzle - leak leak leak.

If there is ever a revolution, we really do need to kill all the lawyers.

(went back to find a simple "old school" can... couldn't find one)

No-Spill. No leaking. Instead of pushing the nozzle, you push a knob
with your thumb for better control, up to 3 gallons a minute. It even
has a translucent strip so you can see how much gas you have.